January 20, 2020
The Community Response team members met at East Butler High School. Discussions included:
- Practicing reunification drills with first responders. Creating a letter to send to parents in conjunction with the drill to remind them of the procedures and expectations in a time of heightened emotions.
- Practicing drills of fire, tornado, lock in/lock out, reunification.
- Sharing bus accident protocol for the response team with bus drivers. Drivers having a check list to mark off riders on the bus-do this each day. Sending at least two response team members out to the accident with the principal to deal with students and parents.
- Touring East Butler School and sharing their problem areas and how they deal with them.
- The next meeting will be Monday, Feb. 24th, at D.C. Elementary at 2 P.M. At that meeting we’d like to have the sheriff present if possible and have 2-3 community member names and contact information to share with the other teams.