Aquinas welcomes outside dates with a completed Outside Date Form. It is the Aquinas student’s resposiblity that their outside date knows and follows our dress guidelines.
Homecoming Dress Guidelines
- Dresses may be strapless (if they fit properly) or include spaghetti straps.
- Dresses may be lower in the back, as long as they are not cut below a line drawn around from the naval.
- 2-piece dresses MUST overlap at the waist: meaning top MUST overlap with skirt waistband. Midriffs will not be exposed. This includes both front and side. With arms down at your side, if flesh touches flesh, the dress is inappropriate. Also, when arms are raised (such as in slow dancing) the midriff will not be exposed.
- Dresses may not have a slit that exceeds mid-thigh. This is fingertip length.
- Dresses may not be cut below the bust line.
- Undergarments should not be visible. See-through apparel is not permitted.
- Garments that are tight or low-cut are also unacceptable.
- Side cuts would not be considered modest but could be altered by inserting fabric to cover the cut areas
- Dress length must be mid-thigh (approximately 5″ inches above the middle of the knee both in the front and the back).
- Girls may alternatively wear slacks and a modest dress shirt.
Boys’ Homecoming Guidelines
You do NOT need to rent a tux for homecoming. It is a semi-formal event, meaning…
- Must wear a collared, full-buttoned, tucked-in shirt (no polos, no t-shirts, no flannels)
- Must wear dress slacks with a belt (no khakis, no chinos, no jeans)
- Must wear dress shoes (no tennis shoes, basketball shoes, converse, crocs etc.)
- Fashion tip: your shoes and belt should match
- Must be clean shaven
- May wear a tie, but not required, but 9/10 ladies say ties look nice.
- May wear a sports coat, but not required, but 9.5/10 ladies say they prefer that their dates wear coats. Also, it might be chilly on Oct. 9th.
- Try to look like you are going to the same event as your date. You are not going to a barbeque. You are not going golfing. You are not going to McDonald’s with your bros. You are going to a dance. She will likely be wearing a dress, so you need to look as nice.
Homecoming Dance Countdown