Aquinas Catholic Schools is blessed to offer a K-12 School Counselor staring the 2023-2024 school year. Mrs. Sara Miriovsky will be in the elementary and middle/high school campuses each day.
School Counselors help each child to be their best by teaching skills for social, emotional, and personal growth. When students are experiencing distress which makes it difficult for them to participate or focus in the classroom, the counselor can help them to work through current concerns and find resources as needed. Counseling and instruction at Aquinas is always informed by Catholic teaching and its understanding of the human person.
If you have any questions about your child, please feel free to reach out to me.
How Can I Help:
- Collaborative Skills
- Managing your feellings
- Learning how to control behavior
- Getting organized
- Setting and achieving goals
- Dealing with peer pressure and bullying
- Learning how to make decisions and problem solve
- Exploring ways to help your child succeed
- Improving parent0child communication
- Providing recommendations for community resources
- Understanding developmental changes of childhood through adolescence